OT Aide for Pediatric Occupational Therapy Clinic
*PLEASE READ FULL JOB DESCRIPTION ON HOW TO APPLY*
Employment type: PT with potential for FT (after probationary period)
We are a pediatric occupational therapy clinic in Wenatchee that specializes in treating children with a wide range of diagnoses and sensory processing disorders. We are looking for a flexible person who can function as a therapy aide for our clinic and other roles as needed. You will be trained to work with our Occupational Therapists and COTAs (Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants) in assisting with patient care.
You may be the right person for this position if you:
– Have a positive attitude
– Enjoy interacting with people (kids/families/coworkers)
– Learn quickly
– Can handle yourself with professionalism and compassion
– Want to gain experience in the healthcare field
– Are a self-starter and can anticipate when/where help is needed
– Can adapt quickly to change
– Have problem solving skills
– No experience necessary
– Basic ANATOMY knowledge preferred but not required.
– Basic CHILD DEVELOPMENT knowledge preferred but not required.
– Comfortable frequently climbing a step ladder to hang up / take down equipment overhead (e.g. swings)
– Basic computer skills including Google docs, Microsoft Word, and Excel
– Phone skills is a must
– Spanish speaking preferred (not required)
– Open to working 10hr shifts (the clinic is open M-TH 8am-6:30pm)
– Drug screening required for all new hires
– Set-up and clean up before and after therapy appointments
– Assisting therapist’s during session whenever needed
– Providing Wellness services (see website for details on wellness services we offer ohanaot.com)
– Assisting with chart prep for next day
– Organizing and prepping equipment as needed
– Helping with phones and patient check in as needed
– Being available to help with various tasks when needed
You’ll receive hands-on training and will work directly with children of all ages and their parents so you must be confident with great people skills. The job hours are flexible and we have a great team with ample opportunity for growth. Many of our families are overwhelmed and need the right type of person, who does NOT take things personally, and that can be understanding yet firm.
Our staff you’ll be working with are all professionals but also very fun-loving. We have a very special team that cares for one another. It is important that you are able to receive constructive criticism as we may have to confront/correct procedures. We all aim to help each other continually thrive and improve. We have no tolerance policy for any workplace drama and require a positive, team attitude. If we don’t feel you’re a good fit for the team, we will not move forward with the application process.
Pay range is $16-$17 per hour and will be based on knowledge and experience.
Required upon hire:
- Pass Drug testing
**IMPORTANT** If you want to be considered for this position YOU MUST, call (509) 219-0370 and leave a voice message answering the following questions AND reply via email. Make sure to display the code “I WANT” in the subject of your email and answer the following questions and send to firstname.lastname@example.org:
1) What is your name?
2) Where do you live? —city
3) What you liked most about your last job?
4) Why should we hire you/ what interests you about it?
5) Personal interests
6) What pay range are you looking for?
7) Are you looking for part-time, full-time, or either?
8) Are there any days, or times, you are absolutely unavailable to work?
9) Please include your email and phone number.
10) If you have a current resume, please attach it in your email