Pediatric OT & COTA Positions at ‘Ohana Occupational Therapy
*Aloha! PLEASE READ FULL JOB DESCRIPTION ON HOW TO APPLY, Mahalo*
Is it your DREAM to provide the highest quality pediatric OT services in an ideal sensory integration clinic with a fun loving team, and have the FREEDOM of a balanced FUN LIFE to treat children the way you know will help them the most?
If you answered YES, then you’ve found the right place! We are so excited about our recently expanded facility and to have an IMMEDIATE OPENING for an OT and COTA. We have tripled since 2020 and we currently have a large waiting list. We are excited to help more kids!
Why should you begin a career with ‘Ohana? . . .
- You get to be your best self with mentoring, unlimited continuing ed and staff retreats for personal growth and success
- Fully equipped sensory gyms for effective sensory integration treatment with OT aides to help setup, clean up and prep.
- Work/Life balance with no paperwork to take home, leave on time, 4 day work week, high flexibility with vacations and time-off
- Four seasons in beautiful Wenatchee, Washington with (hiking, rafting, skiing, snow shoeing, bike trails, kayaking, and more!)
- Advanced technologies that fast track results
Additional Perks of a career with ‘Ohana…
- Competitive pay, comprehensive benefits package
- 3K Sign-on bonus and up to 5K relocation bonus available
- Weekly bonus program for meeting targets and contributing to company growth
- Starbucks fairy
- Generous craft & toy supply budget
- Relaxing and fun, Hawaiian themed work setting complete with large salt water fish tank and tiki hut front desk
You might be the right if you are someone who…
- Has a positive attitude, an easy laugh, open to feedback and learning new skills
- Is hardworking, trustworthy, health-oriented, creative, enjoys having FUN and is patient with self and others.
- Enjoys bringing hope to struggling families and working with sensory kids the most!
- Is detail-oriented and efficient, with excellent problem-solving skills
- Consistently figures out how to produce the desired outcome, even if it involves researching and learning new skills.
- Has the ability to build therapeutic relationships and able to self-regulate in order to provide the energy level the child needs (eg. calm vs energetic)
- Desires to have a long term work family and work home in a warm supportive environment
Experience in sensory integration, primitive reflexes, Autsim, ADHD, SPD and specialty certifications in Ayres Sensory Integration, Floortime, Brain Gym, Reflex Integration, feeding (SOS), and pelvic health. New grads welcome, we have a strong mentoring program.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Wenatchee, WA
»OT Yearly Earning Potential: up to $90k
»COTA Yearly Earning Potential: up to $64k
OT: Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy
COTA: Associates degree in OT
WA State Occupational Therapy License
Pass Drug testing
In the position, you will:
- Evaluate new patients in person and virtually (OT)
- Provide occupational therapy services to children birth through 21 in a sensory gym, virtually and in the community using the therapeutic approaches that best meet the child’s unique needs
- Design and monitor effective home programs, sensory diets, and recommendations for school, as needed, that meet the child’s needs and family’s capacity for follow-through
- Collaborate with parents to set functional goals
- Provide ongoing guidance, support, and education to parents, in person and virtually
Participate in team meetings and workshops
- Participate in program development
Being successful in this position will involve:
- Listening to parents and making them feel heard, as they often have a lot to say.
- Evaluating clients thoroughly to uncover the root of their challenges, even when traditional diagnoses and labels don’t apply.
- Communicating gently and frequently with family members about their child’s progress, using language they can understand.
- Educating parents about what has been happening with their child, the intended course of action, what to expect, and what they should do.
- Administering, modifying, measuring, documenting treatment techniques that are appropriate, valid, gradable, and effective.
More about ‘Ohana OT:
We are an upscale, pediatric clinic in beautiful Wenatchee, WA. The majority of sessions are in person 1:1 and a small percentage done via telehealth. We have a highly experienced and dedicated staff that provides cutting edge OT in our 7 state of the art sensory gyms housed within one clinic. We also have a full kitchen, wellness room and art area.
Our clients range from birth through 21 years of age. Primary therapeutic approaches include sensory integration treatment, SOS feeding, Zones of Self Regulation, listening therapies, NDT, motor learning, and biomechanical approaches.
Some of the main areas we address are sensory processing, praxis, self-regulation, self-care, gross and fine motor development, visual perception, and feeding. We are unique in our commitment to evaluate and treat the whole child and partner with the important people in a child’s life. Caregivers are included in our sessions.
Our practice is 14-years strong and 100% occupational therapist owned! Our beautiful clinic houses the most advanced equipment available such as state of the art sensory gyms, SSP, ILS, and QRI laser. You will learn a lot as in-services and trainings are scheduled regularly. We emphasize personalized, hands-on treatments and foster a very family-oriented environment for our clients. You’ll love our amazing clinic and staff!
We Help Families Thrive!
Our Workplace Values:
- We are HERE for the kids (leave our troubles at the door and help the most kids we can)
- Getr’ done and have fun
- Provide more value than the cost of services
- Hire the right people (positive, passionate, patient, persistent, productive problem solvers)
- Lead the world in Peds OT
If you have read this far, then you are already showing that you have some of the characteristics we’re looking for! If you are interested in applying for this position, please respond by following these specific directions:
1. Use the subject line: I want to be your next OUTSTANDING OTR (or) COTA
2. Within the email, write a few sentences about why you think you’d be a great fit for this position. Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Attach your resume and cover letter as a .pdf file.Thank you so much for your interest in this position. Looking forward to getting to know you!
Mary Kostka, OTR/L