The Ohana Handwriting Program
“A Revolutionary New Way to Improve Handwriting and School Success”
What is considered to be “Dysgraphia”?
A specific developmental disability that affects a person’s handwriting ability. Problems may include fine-motor-muscle control of the hands and/or processing difficulties. Simple letter formation, writing on the line, spacing between words and just sitting and holding a pencil can be difficult and exhausting. Rewards and extra practice often don’t help and sometimes make it worse since the root of the problem is not being addressed.
What causes Dysgraphia?
The most common causes are 1) poor posture, 2) active primitive reflexes, and 3) weak fine motor skills. But ocular motor problems and visual perception problems can also create problems with handwriting.
Impairments it can cause…
It can make it very difficult to complete written school work which can cause them to fall behind and get poor grades. This in turn creates low self esteem and can affect their social relationships as well.
Physiologically, the problem often stems from…
- Weak and delayed fine motor skills
- Poor core strength
- Active primitive reflexes that should not be causing overflow of movements unintentionally
- Uncoordinated and weak eye muscles
When should I worry?
- If your child is avoiding sit down fine motor activities
- If your child resists and may even cry when working on learning to write or completing any handwriting tasks
- If your child is reversing letters or having difficulty forming letters correctly
When does it become urgent to get help?
- If your child’s self esteem is suffering
- If your child’s grades are suffering
- If your child refuses to participate in handwriting tasks
Traditional treatments that most try but are not as effective include:
- Repetitive practice
- Waiting and hoping they just get better in time
- Generic exercises (Youtube)
If left untreated, Dysgraphia can lead to “failure in school”
Dysgraphia often leads to “failure in school” if left untreated. This happens because the child is unable to keep up with the classwork and self esteem plummets. Although computer are increasingly used in schools, handwriting is still the primary method for demonstrating what they have learned.
Try This Self-Test to See If Your child has problems with handwriting / dysgraphia:
- Have your child write the alphabet “Big A little a etc” from your dictation, with eyes open.
- Next see if your child can do the same thing with eyes closed. Handwriting should be smooth, fast and automatic without having to think about how to form letters or having to watch the fingers form the letters. Although it will not be as neat, your child should be able to form all the letters with eyes closed.
- If your child struggled with these two tests (slow, labored, whined, cried, several errors, reversals) then your child probably has underlying problems causing their difficulties with handwriting that can be helped with occupational therapy.
DISCLAIMER: You may need to see an occupational therapist to get an official treatment diagnosis.
“How do you improve handwriting and school success?”
My revolutionary online “How to Improve Handwriting” program helps to improve dsygraphia and you can see positive results even after the very first video. The full set of videos address the top 12 problems that cause poor handwriting and your child will benefit from this information, no matter the complexity of their condition.
I discovered this solution while working with over 2,000 children who suffered from handwriting problems and dysgraphia. As I treated their handwriting problems, their self esteem and overall happiness improved as well.
I did some research and discovered that in the human body there are 12 key problems which are the underlying cause of handwriting problems.
In case you were wondering, it’s all-natural. No drugs. No behavior plans. No intensive long practicing.
This discovery has led to a dramatic increase in how fast my clients got better. They were able to keep up in class, write stories, complete tests in a timely manner, and had time to participate in fun afterschool activities. They were able to just enjoy being a kid again.
Not all treatments are the same.
Not all traditional handwriting programs lead to a better success in school and in life (not by any means). And believe it or not, some may actually make your child’s handwriting worse! Not all practitioners handwriting the same. And no other program addresses the top 12 underlying problems that cause poor handwriting.
My method is highly unique. I focus on fixing the foundation first by making sure the child had good core muscles, integrated reflexes and good fine motor control of the fingers to get quick maximum results. My 29 years of experience and research has led to the discovery of this revolutionary new way to improve handwriting and SCHOOL SUCCESS in nearly all children.
“Who are you?”
My name is Mary Kostka, OT and I am a licensed occupational therapist who specializes in handwriting disorders. I’m also certified in Ayres Sensory Integration and have a special interest in helping those struggling with the most complex human skill which integrates all aspects of our body (eyes, hands, posture, memory, visual perception, and cognition) into a the self expression of handwriting.
“What can I expect from this program?”
- Improve handwriting speed
- Improve handwriting grasp
- Improve handwriting letter formation
- Increase self -esteem
- Discover the underlying problems and solutions
- Eliminate letter reversals
*The complexity of your child’s condition will determine your level of results.
“How quickly will I see results?”
- Most improve after the very first lesson.
- You could see an improvement in handwriting in as little as 7 days while on this program.
- Most see significant improvements once completing the full program.
“How much does it cost?”
- Because there are so many people who I believe need access to this vital information, I have created a special online program to make it extremely affordable for everyone. You don’t need insurance or pay thousands of dollars.
- The cost ranges from $1.66 to $7 per video. And most complete the program within 12 sessions.
- The complexity of your child’s condition will determine how many sessions you’ll need. Most everyone sees results the very first session and they love it.
“What if it doesn’t work for my child?”
There’s a 100% money-back guarantee. If it doesn’t work, you can get your money back. There’s no risk.
Even if you tried other treatments before, this is guaranteed to work or your money back. So, if you tried rewards, repetitive practice, waiting and hoping they just get better in time, tutoring and even generic exercises (Youtube) without success, you owe it to yourself to try this.
“What’s my next step?”
As you can imagine there are a lot of people wanting to start their child’s occupational therapy program. But due to my limited availability, I only have a few spots available at any given time. That is why I created this amazing online video course. It’s only for those serious about improving their child’s handwriting.
Get 50% off the full course.
Purchase within the next 45-Minutes.
Enter the code HALFOFF in the coupon box to get an additional half off from the current sale price if purchased within the next 45-minutes.
This is a limited time offer to those who are serious about results. You must purchase within the next 45-minutes.
“What’s included in the complete online video course?”
The Video Course includes:
- 15 insightful and efficient videos designed to teach you how to improve your child’s handwriting for the long term.
- Access to downloadable resources
- Support from a licensed occupational therapist for comments and questions
“Will this really help my child?”
Yes. Getting to the root of the problem is the missing link to your child’s success. These are the most effective solutions I have found to address the 12 most common problems causing poor handwriting. I am a licensed Occupational Therapist with over 29 years of practice in the state of WA. My license # is OT 00001216.
“What if I have tried other handwriting programs before?”
This is a very unique approach which addresses the underlying problems which CAUSE handwriting problems.
“Wow!!! What a difference in just a month. I love that Mary not only works with my child, she also works with me. She shows me things I can do at home to keep his process moving along. …Hope is back.” -Marlene